Running a small or medium sized enterprise is no easy task, you need to be a 'jack of all trades' but are often a master of none. You don't have time to get into all the detail in a way that you'd really like to when it comes to running your business, and you're not able to develop the expertise you'd like in any specific area, because you simply don't have the time to do so. But that doesn't stop you from knowing what the key questions are when it comes to the more technical aspects of running your business that you normally delegate to others in your team.
You'll probably agree that your website is your main source of sales leads - but you don't have time to be fully on top of this and probably delegate your digital marketing and lead generation to someone more junior in the team. Digital marketing can be about as technical as it gets when it comes to successfully running your business. You'll have probably heard the term SEO, but are not really be clear what it's all about, or why it's important to get it right.
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of optimising a website so that it performs well in organic search (that's appearing with a high ranking in search engines like Google to you and me). Ranking highly for search terms - which are known as keywords, increases the visibility of a website and leads to a higher number of visitors to the actual website itself.
Put more simply, SEO will allow you to connect with those searching for your product or service and increase your chances of turning them into your customer.
As a business owner, or someone who runs an SME, you need to ensure that you have a plan in place to promote your business and obtain new clients. If your SEO isn't working at it's best, then your sales pipeline isn't optimised - simply put, your potential customers won't be finding you when they are searching for companies like yours in places like Google. SEO should be a part of that plan and here are three of the reasons why:
- In a recent survey by Hubspot only 9% of businesses using inbound marketing with SEO failed to see an ROI. If it works for 91% of businesses, it is very likely to work for you too.
- Leads generated from Inbound SEO close at an average of 15%, which is 12% higher than the conversion rate for those generated through the more traditional methods of outbound marketing.
- Blogging is a leading source of leads and traffic for businesses when they are properly optimised for search. SEO will make sure your blog posts get found and drive traffic to your website.
SEO is unarguably one of the best ways to connect with targeted consumers and share your offer. Implementing an effective SEO strategy is not straightforward or easy though, especially with all of the recent updates to Google’s SEO ranking algorithm.
So do you know what good looks like to ensure that your sales pipeline is performing at its optimum, not just in terms of how many web visitors you are achieving though SEO, or how many deals have been closed, but in every aspect of your online marketing and sales conversion funnel?
At Stratagem&Co, we believe that being able to quickly assess and evaluate the 'health' of your online marketing and sales pipeline is a key component to you achieving and sustaining your growth. That's why we've created high quality business health check tools to help you to receive the expert advice you need to achieve your business goals in an affordable and easily accesible way.
How does it work
When you sign-up for a Stratagem&Co Internet marketing Business Health-check you will receive:
- A web link to a detailed online questionnaire - written by a member our panel of subject matter experts.
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you will instantly receive an overall 'health-score' for the questionnaire that you have completed.
- Shortly afterwards, based on the answers you have in the questionnaire, you will receive a detailed and far-ranging report, again, written by one of our industry experts, that will help you to diagnose the issues that you have in your business and provide you with advice and links to additional resources to help you resolve the challenges that you are facing.
- Within 48 hours of completing the questionnaire, you will receive a call from a Stratagem&Co Partner to arrange your follow-up Health-check Consultation.
- During the Consultation you will be able to discuss and explore any issues that have arisen in the report and address any questions that you may have.
- If any follow-up actions are identified, your Stratagem&Co Partner will then work with you on an individual basis to help you to resolve any further issues that you may have and develop bespoke solutions for you that closely fit your business needs and resolve your challenges.
However we support you, the focus for us is to help you to identify and resolve the blockers that are stopping you from getting you to where you want to go – then it’s our promise to deliver a bespoke solution that fits around you and your organisation to drive your business growth.
To discuss the topics raised in Mark's blog, or to ask any questions, please complete the form below and leave your comments.