My previous blog mentioned the effect of poor communication on the customer. And of course, if the customer doesn’t want to dance, the ball is over.
No matter how grand our plans, it needs customers. And the way people buy, the way they communicate so quickly, we need happy customers.
There are four key ingredients for a fantastic customer experience, and when we start to drive the business forward, these ingredients can start to suffer. They ingredients are:
- Product or service quality, how unique it is in the market
- Product or service delivery, how the customer experiences it
- The image of your business which should be attractive to the customer
- Relationships of your staff with customers.
If any one of these 4 weakens, customer experience weakens. So, in times of company growth, we need strategy to make sure customer satisfaction INCREASES when we grow the business, rather than decreases. Given all the change that you want to make happen, this is really really tough to achieve.
A way through is to do what the corporates do, and have specific mini-projects to target the 4 key ingredients in the list above. The 4 need to be measured, targeted for improvement, and monitored. It’s about keeping your eye on these 4 balls. As soon as you turn your back, mark my words, these 4 balls will be rolling all over the place and customers will start to get unhappy, This is especially true if you are driving for growth and your people are being stretched.
Have you ever had an automated answering system that has driven you nuts when you called up? Usually such systems are brought in to save cost and to be more professional about service. But the reverse experience often happens because no one monitors. The company is so busy trying to improve that it hasn’t asked the customer whether they like the improvements. It has taken some companies literally years to move call centres from Asia back to the UK in response to customer demand. Why on earth didn’t they monitor the 4 ingredients above in the first place?
You can do better. When you are initiating a drive to grow your business, remember who pays our mortgages, and put them first. Put systems in place to make sure your customers stay with you every step of the way, and we can then achieve all we want to for our business.
At Stratagem&Co, we believe that being able to quickly assess and evaluate the 'health' of your business is a key component to you achieving and sustaining your growth. That's why we've created high quality business health check tools to help you to receive the expert advice you need to achieve your business goals in an affordable and easily accesible way.
How does it work
When you sign-up for a Stratagem Business Health-check you will receive:
- A web link to a detailed online questionnaire - written by a member our panel of subject matter experts.
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you will instantly receive an overall 'health-score' for the questionnaire that you have completed.
- Shortly afterwards, based on the answers you have in the questionnaire, you will receive a detailed and far-ranging report, again, written by one of our industry experts, that will help you to diagnose the issues that you have in your business and provide you with advice and links to additional resources to help you resolve the challenges that you are facing.
- Within 48 hours of completing the questionnaire, you will receive a call from a Stratagem&Co Partner to arrange your follow-up Health-check Consultation.
- During the Consultation you will be able to discuss and explore any issues that have arisen in the report and address any questions that you may have.
- If any follow-up actions are identified, your Stratagem&Co Partner will then work with you on an individual basis to help you to resolve any further issues that you may have and develop bespoke solutions for you that closely fit your business needs and resolve your challenges.
However we support you, the focus for us is to help you to identify and resolve the blockers that are stopping you from getting you to where you want to go – then it’s our promise to deliver a bespoke solution that fits around you and your organisation to drive your business growth.
To discuss the topics raised in Mark's blog, or to ask any questions, please complete the form below and leave your comments.